[guardian-dev] Orbot 15.4.0-beta-1 (ARM ONLY)

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Mar 6 09:34:31 EST 2017

For now, Orbot does prompt you to disable the battery optimization
features for Orbot when you enable a hidden service. Otherwise, I think
it is up to the app server/process itself to handle their own wake lock
needs, depending on what kind of availability they are expected to have.

ChatSecure/Zom already does quite a bit of wakelock management for
instance, and so if we added a Ricochet, Briar or other protocol support
into that stack, I wouldn't expect Orbot to directly handle it.

Does that make sense?