[guardian-dev] asking Google to open source the Play Services Android libraries

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Mar 13 10:32:42 EDT 2017

Ted P. Samuel:

>> Anyone know a
>> good way to get through to the Play Services team?
>>

> Those of us in the ß-testing group can leave a dev comment directly on Play
> once opted-in @ https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.google.android.gms
> .…  W/ most other devs on Play, this is pretty much a direct line, but w/
> Google, I assume YMMV. 🤷  Anyway, *I*'ll do so, & I encourage others.

Thanks!  Just be sure to make it clear that we are asking just for the
Play Services jars that are included in Android apps!  As much as I'd
like to see all software be free, we need to keep this a targeted ask in
order for it to be effective.

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556