[guardian-dev] Google's new App Signing service

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Thu May 18 04:29:06 EDT 2017

Lol, so it turns out that F-Droid was a pioneer and innovator, years
ahead of Google ;-)

Looks like a play to give Google more info on releases, since all
releases must go through them.  It would also encourage developers to
use Google as the gatekeeper for app releases.  I guess this could also
be some kind key backup.

Anyone see anything about their motivations for doing this?  I wonder
how much data they have on signing keys getting stolen and abused.

.hc

Nathan of Guardian:

--
PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556