[guardian-dev] Android locking down private APIs

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Apr 6 03:48:39 EDT 2018

So Google is working to lock down more private APIs in both C/C++ and Java:
https://android-developers.googleblog.com/2018/02/improving-stability-by-reducing-usage.html

They ask for bug reports for private APIs that are needed.  We should
file bugs about the proxy support that we need, i.e. the stuff using
reflection to add proxying to WebViews.  I couldn't find an issue in
their tracker, and I didn't know the details enough to file the bug myself.

Anything else?

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556