[guardian-dev] finally setting up direct donations

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Apr 27 03:41:47 EDT 2018

Hey all,

Since the ISC grant includes work on moving guardianproject.info to a
static site generator, I wanted to include part of that work finally
adding direct donation links to the Website.

I think we should feature Liberapay as the preferred donation method.
Its all free software, there are no fees, the developers receive payment
for their work via Liberapay donations themselves, and it seems to have
very fair terms.  I set up a "team" there for us:

https://liberapay.com/GuardianProject

Then the way it works is that individual Guardian Project developers
create an account, and can request a share of the Team revenue.  Then
its automatically split and paid out accordingly.

Its growing fast, and SecureDrop and F-Droid are already getting
something on it:
https://liberapay.com/explore/teams

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556