[guardian-dev] encrypted DNS provided by Orbot?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Fri Dec 14 06:01:47 EST 2018

n8fr8 proposed something along those lines before.

If DNS over TLS (DoT) and/or DNS over HTTPS (DoH) get widespread
adoption, then we have a new channel for bridge discovery and other
tricks.  Google Jigsaw released its Intra app to let older Android
versions use DoH.  It is Apache-2.0 licensed, but with proprietary
Google Firebase and other libs.  Perhaps we could take that code and
include it in Orbot?

https://gitlab.com/fdroid/rfp/issues/735

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556