[guardian-dev] Heads up: Orfox "RIP" EOL is coming, moving to TBA!

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Sep 2 22:16:31 EDT 2019

We will be officially announcing the end of Orfox this week, by
releasing a final update to the 1.2 million active users of Orfox on
Google Play and F-Droid. We haven't kept Orfox up to date with Firefox
or Tor Browser fixes, so we must bring it to a forced end. Besides, TBA
is looking good and working great, so anyone who wants Tor Browser on
Android should use it.

This "OrfoxRIP" app will replace the existing Orfox app:
https://github.com/guardianproject/Orfox/releases/tag/Orfox-Final-RIP-v16

If you have Orfox still installed, please try installing it over what
you have, and let me know if you have any issues.

Download the APK:
https://github.com/guardianproject/Orfox/releases/download/Orfox-Final-RIP-v16/Orfox-Final-RIP-v16.apk

Otherwise, you can see the discussion and design work on this ticket:

Thanks!

+n