[guardian-dev] jitsi-monitor to track basic data about all known public instances

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at guardianproject.info
Mon Apr 20 08:10:39 EDT 2020

Jonas Smedegaard:
> Quoting Hans-Christoph Steiner (2020-04-06 12:11:05)
>>
>> With everyone needing video conferencing these days, there has been an
>> explosion of public Jitsi Meet instances, which is great to see.  In
>> order to help people choose which one works for them, I have set up
>> "jitsi-monitor", it runs once a day on all known public Jitsi Meet
>> instances and gathers some basic data on them:
>>
>> * configuration including STUN servers, analytics, etc.
>> * TLS settings and connection timing
>> * TCP traceroute
>> * what else?
>
> Would be helpful so see which versions of each component are served:
> https://github.com/jitsi/jitsi-meet/issues/4758#issuecomment-615343735

Thanks for the tip!  It seems that the "base" thing is not usually set,
but there is a similar version number in other places in the index.html,
so I added that:

https://gitlab.com/guardianproject/jitsi-monitor/-/commit/9d88572c278caf15861cbada1a3470a170158c76

Once the job finishes, there should be a new "versions" section in the
report.json and HTML:
https://gitlab.com/guardianproject/jitsi-monitor/-/jobs/518420291

PGP fingerprint: EE66 20C7 136B 0D2C 456C  0A4D E9E2 8DEA 00AA 5556
https://pgp.mit.edu/pks/lookup?op=vindex&search=0xE9E28DEA00AA5556