[guardian-dev] Is it possible to have it all

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Mon Apr 27 11:27:46 EDT 2020

#1 and #2 are possible today with Orbot

> 3. All other traffic is routed through VPN/Wireshark (and blocked if
> VPN is not running)
>
> As far as I know this can be achieved only my manually alternating
> between Orbot in VPN-mode and OpenVPN, which is very unsatisfactory.

Well, #3 can work if the apps from #2 are accessing Tor directly via
SOCKS or HTTP proxying. If you are using Orbot's VPN feature for #2 to
route non-Orbot aware or non-Proxy capable apps through Tor, then you
can't chain a second VPN on top of that unfortunately.

There might be some Lineage/root/iptables magic that could be added
there, but that is not something I dabble in anymore.

+n