[guardian-dev] Your magic ticket to the Symposium Extraordinaire!

Nathan of Guardian nathan at guardianproject.info
Tue May 5 10:09:10 EDT 2020

To all Guardian-Dev folks, but especially those who are interested in
figuring out how to make your apps and services better without tracking
your users' every tap and swipe....

I am inviting you, by way of the attached magical ticket, to an online,
month long happening like you have never experienced before. Behold, the
!!!*Clean Insights Symposium Extraordinaire*!!!, an online three track
circus of death defying acts attempting to navigate and balance between
the worlds of user analytics and personal privacy. You will be amazed,
you will be inspired, you will have questions, and ultimately you will
gain insight, into the potential, the perils and the highly probable
outcomes of the great feats that the Clean Insights team will perform in
the coming year.

/*It must be seen to be believed, and can only occur WITH YOUR HELP! */
So come along, and join the EXTRAORDINAIRE ---->
https://cleaninsights.org/event <https://cleaninsights.org/event>

  Be Part of the Symposium Extraordinaire!

Event Ticket

/We are living in a time like never before. A time no one has seen,
experienced or gone through. There are no experts, no tested measures of
success, no right or wrong way to do this. Now is the perfect time for
embracing novel ideas!/

*Join us throughout the month of May* as we embark on a new
collaborative experience to develop, design and discuss ethical
analytics and privacy-preserving measurement! Now is the time to
consider new ways to measure your applications and services to gain
valuable insights, while not violating the trust and dignity of those
you seek to benefit.

This is a chance to collectively enhance the practice of measurement and
analytics, by approaching the process in a new way!

Sign-up to Participate <https://cleaninsights.org/register>

    What is the Symposium Extraordinaire?

The Symposium will last the month of May. There are 3 topic based tracks
for one week each. Each track focuses on a different topic under the
Clean Insights concept. Choose to participate in all, some or none of
the tracks. The final week of May we will showcase the outcomes in true
Symposium fashion!

  * *Opening Keynotes, Talks, and Interviews (via podcast and live chats)*
      o Welcome and Introductions
      o Clean Insights Team
      o Presentations of related, similar projects
      o Sharing by potential implementors, projects in need
  * *Track 1: Open & Actionable Data (data/insights)*
      o Every crumb of data tells a story. Get just what you need.
  * *Track 2: Consent (consent/ux)*
      o Is it clear and understandable what you are asking the user for?
        And why?
  * *Track 3: Nuts & Bolts for Developers (developer/application)*
      o Demoing and How do I adopt this into my work?
  * *Gatherings and Outcomes*
      o Feedback on the Clean Insights approach
      o Development Roadmap

    Who we are looking for

  * Anyone with the following skills or experience:
      o App and Service Developers
      o Experience with Analytics
      o Human Centered UX/UI Design
      o Data Researchers, Analyst & Scientists
      o Open source projects
      o Privacy and Security Experts
  * Anyone who is passionate about this topic
  * Anyone who could benefit from ethical analytics and
    privacy-preserving measurement.