[Lowdown] May First/People Link Event at the Brecht on March 14

Alfredo Lopez alfredo at mayfirst.org
Tue Mar 6 16:40:58 EST 2007

Hi Everybody,

We're sending this out to MF/PL members and friends to invite you all to
join us at the Brecht Forum Wednesday night, March 14 at 7:30 pm.

We're kicking off a series of periodic workshops and events at the
Brecht with the general title "Organizing the Organic Internet" and this
first event is called "The Internet: What We’ve Done Wrong, What We Can
Do Right".

We're going to talk about Internet organizing (i.e. organizing OF if
rather than WITH it), the role of technologists and free software as a
political choice -- among other things. It should be an enjoyable and
interesting evening, a good opportunity for all of us to get together
and stuff things over and a good way for us to support our
organization's outreach and growth.

Wednesday, March 14
7:30 pm
ORGANIZING THE ORGANIC INTERNET
The Internet: What We’ve Done Wrong, What We Can Do Right

The Brecht Forum
451 West Street
(between Bank & Bethune Streets)
New York, NY 10014