[Lowdown] Warning: Spoofed Email Being Sent

Alfredo Lopez alfredo at mayfirst.org
Sat Dec 4 21:57:33 EST 2010

Hi everyone,

An email is being sent to some members saying that May First/People Link
wants to "refresh the database and to delete inactive accounts to create
space for fresh users" and then asking people to respond to it so they
can remain in this database.

This is a fraud. It is not from us. We warn all members to *not* respond
to this email. Delete it immediately if you receive one.

Please remember - May First/People Link will never ask you for your
password. If someone suggesting they are from May First/People Link asks
you for your May First/People Link password, you can guarantee that they
are not us.

Furthermore, all official communication from May First/People Link is
signed with one of the OpenPGP keys listed here:

https://support.mayfirst.org/wiki/email_announcement_lists#Signatures

As some know, these things happen from time to time. The best response
is to ignore them.

Thanks.

Alfredo

- --
Alfredo Lopez
Co-Director
May First/People Link
Growing Networks to Build a Just World
http://mayfirst.org

Technology Manager
The Praxis Project
alopez at thepraxisproject.org

To all my friends: please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
I can't read them and believe their use runs counter to the goal of
expanding the use of Free and Open Source Software.