[Lowdown] We're at Cocha+1 and we're streaming!

Alfredo Lopez alfredo at mayfirst.org
Fri Apr 15 16:40:24 EDT 2011

Hey everyone,

Cochabamba +1: Climate Justice and Ecological Alternatives is an
international conference organized by Alternatives and Canadian
Dimension magazine focusing on: Mobilizing against the effects of shale
gas exploration and the tar sands; Transition towards a carbon-free
economy and industrial conversions; Ecological crises and people's
alternatives.

In short, a moment to build a climate justice movement. It starts
tonight (April 15) at 7:00 pm.

MF/PL's team of Mallory Knodel (team leader), Nat Meysenburg and Melissa
Marrone is in Montreal, at the conference, working on video streaming
(among other things). The video stream with audio in French and English
will be available for viewing for the entire conference. The schedule of
events for streaming includes the opening address with an appearance by
UN Bolivian Ambassador Pablo Solon. The full schedule for the event is
on both the below pages. Audio and video will be
available on-demand for download after the conference as well. Please
visit the link below for more detailed information about the conference.

Please feel free to embed the video and translated audio on your website
by visiting the main streaming page, clicking on "Embed the stream on
your site.", copying the code, and pasting it into a webpage as
unfiltered html. Troubleshooting information is also available on the
page below the stream on the main page. We've done the embedding on the
May First site.

MF/PL stream:
http://mayfirst.org/cochibambaplusone

Main Streaming Page:
http://www.alternatives.ca/en/content/story/cochabamba-1-will-be-streamed-live-online

Abrazos,

Alfredo

- --
Alfredo Lopez
Co-Director
May First/People Link
Growing Networks to Build a Just World
http://mayfirst.org

Technology Manager
The Praxis Project
alopez at thepraxisproject.org

To all my friends: please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments.
I can't read them and believe their use runs counter to the goal of
expanding the use of Free and Open Source Software.