[CommunityBridge - Movie Nights] Movie Night tomorrow 5/09 Sunday at 7pm ET - Social revolution I: the falling empire

Sat May 8 19:54:18 EDT 2021

May Movie Nights continues on CommunityBridge.com

Social revolution, a 3-night series of documentaries - Please pass this
invite on to your friends and networks.

CommunityBridge.com will be screening a series of documentaries on the
Russian revolution on Sundays in May, 2021 at 7pm ET. The documentaries
from various sources are combined in the 3 sessions, about 2 hours each.

Direct Link to the CommunityBridge.com Movie Theatre:
https://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/movie
The access code to enter the theatre is: welcome
The movie starts at 7pm ET Sunday night.

We have had some great discussions following the movies we shown before,
and invite you to join this next one after the movie at 9pm ET.

May 9th - Social revolution I: the falling empire
Featuring first two episodes of the "Last of the Czars" documentary, 49
and 51 min long.

The World War I crushed 3 continental empires: Austro-Hungarian,
Russian, and Ottoman. These empires possessed immense wealth, political,
and military powers. They covered most of the Europe, large parts of
Asia, and part of Northern Africa. Why did they fail so abruptly?

In tsarist Russia, the republican movement has been growing since early
19th century. Abolition of serfdom (a form of slavery imposed on the
majority of the country's people) in 1861, enabled economic growth, but
also exposed hidden conflicts in the society. The emperor that lead the
reform was killed by radicals fighting to overthrow monarchy, and his
heir rolled back the reforms and re-established an oppressive rule.

Nicholas II, the son of reactionary tsar, was a loving husband and
caring father. At the same time, he was incapable of carrying power
bestowed on him with the death of his father. His indecisive reforms and
failed military campaigns led to resurgence of revolutionary movement
and wide spread of terrorism. The first episodes of this movie show us
how rampant inequality, concentration of power, failure of leadership,
and escalating conflicts led the empire to the brink of collapse.

This is a dystopia that really happened, an example the rest of the
world shouldn't follow.

If you cannot join us, you can watch this documentary at

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYo8SEvnsrM
and
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hx2zMUCsdM0

Movie Nights on CommunityBridge.com presents - An engaging series of
films to spur conversations on our future as a cooperative society,
working together to build an inclusive economy for all. Sunday nights at
7pm ET, we will view a movie together and share our thoughts on
solutions and actions we can take as individuals and organizations
working towards positive change.  Our May Movie Nights Series starts on
Sunday night 5/9 at 7PM ET... more info:
https://communitybridge.com/upcoming/

--
In Solidarity,

Stan

http://communityBridge.com
Movie Nights - Free video chatrooms using BigBlueButton
Suggest a movie or request a room!
brought to you by the members of Agaric.coop