[CommunityBridge - Movie Nights] Movie Shorts + Privacy Workshop 9/29 at 3pm ET

Mon Sep 27 00:58:49 EDT 2021

ALL DAY TUESDAYS - Movie Shorts <https://communitybridge.com/movie> -
12pm - 12am ET

UPCOMING PRIVACY WORKSHOP:  Please copy the text below and send to your
friends and networks:

CommunityBridge.com is hosting a series of Privacy Workshops using
movies, classes, and hands-on sessions on regaining freedom in the
digital world and taking back control of your data.

For future workshops please view our Calendar as we will not be sending
a lot of emails to you in the future.
CommunityBridge Event Calendar -
https://share.mayfirst.org/apps/calendar/p/djqKCbCPjDnDcAtE/dayGridMonth/now

Next Workshop 9/29 3pm ET
Level: Beginner
Topic: Browser Cookies and more!

Join us at https://communitybridge.com/privacyworkshop/

Topics:

    - What cookies are and how to manage them. We'll watch a short
explanation video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdVPflECed8 .
    - Short demo of how sites store cookies and other data in your browser.
    - Rob Braxman's analysis of cookies and other tracking methods used
by the Ad Tech and defensive measures against them.

Prerequisites: have a few different browsers pre-installed on your
device (you can reuse ones from the previous assignment), including
Firefox or its derivative.

Homework - submit it to Stan via private chat during the workshop:
    (as we are having some issues with feedback forms now)

Watch this video (using slow speed or the pause/rewind, if you need it):
https://youtu.be/jxeeKKfjb5o . What technologies mentioned in it do you
use? Which ones would you like to try?
What was your experience with the browsers you installed last week? Did
you complete the steps to isolate and update your bookmarks in each
browser? What tasks do you use or intend them for? How did you configure
them?
When checking your browser(s) at https://coveryourtracks.eff.org/ and/or
http://ip-check.info, did you get the expected results? Are you safer?
If not, what did you do (or plan to do) to mitigate?
(extra credit) If you have kids, let them watch this short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiKeLOKc1tw. Did they find it cool or
not so cool?

In Solidarity,

Micky Metts
Agaric Technology Collective ~ FreeScholar
Ask me about Agaric's Online Learning Resources - http://agaric.coop/online-learning