[Service-advisories] viewsic: change in domain name for pop/imap mail

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Mon Mar 10 08:35:15 EDT 2008

Affected servers: viewsic.mayfirst.org
Date: 2008-03-10

Due to a certificate expiration, we have made a small change in the domain
name for IMAP and POP email users of the server: viewsic.mayfirst.org.

If you are using a program like Outlook our Thunderbird to check your email,
and you are hosted on viewsic, you may get errors saying something along the
lines of: "You are accessing the server mail.mayfirst.org however the
certificate identifies itself as coming from viewsic.mayfirst.org."

You should still be able to download your email.

To resolve this problem, please change your "incoming mail server" from
mail.mayfirst.org to viewsic.mayfirst.org.

Jamie

--
Jamie McClelland
718-303-3204 ext. 101

May First/People Link
Growing networks to build a just world
http://www.mayfirst.org
https://support.mayfirst.org
Members Local 1180, Communications Workers of America, AFL-CIO

PGP Key: http://mayfirst.org/jamie-pgp