[Service-advisories] sunset park servers: Covad/Verizon Update

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Fri Apr 10 09:42:25 EDT 2009

Affected Servers: ali audre fannie ida melanie patrice zapata ignatz
Date: 2009-04-10

Verizon has the ticket open to make the repair - their contract
specifies that they have to fix it today, however, that means end of
business day today (and it excludes problems such as a severed cable due
to construction). Although the problem has been identified as residing
between the central phone office and our office, the exact cause of the
problem is still be worked out by Verizon.

This down time has been extremely difficult for MFPL members relying on
our backup location. We're doing everything we can to get it up and
running again.