[Service-advisories] sunset park servers: down until Monday

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Sat Apr 11 13:08:22 EDT 2009

Affected Servers: ali audre fannie ida melanie patrice zapata ignatz
Date: 2009-04-11

The situation with our backup location has gone from bad to worse.

Verizon determined yesterday that there wasn't a problem with their
wiring, returning the issue to Covad (who had previously said it was
Verizon's fault). Speakeasy tried to arrange a vender meet between
Verizon and Covad but was not able to get a time scheduled prior to
close of business yesterday. The bad news is that we'll have to wait
until Monday morning before this problem can be addressed again. Thanks
for your patience - we know this is an extremely long period of down
time to withstand.