[Service-advisories] kiyoshi, malcolm and chavez update

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Tue Feb 9 09:55:08 EST 2010

Server affected: kiyoshi chavez malcolm algernon
Date: 2010-02-09

chavez, malcolm and algernon were down from approximately 9:30 pm
American/New_York time on February 8 until 4:30 am on February 9.

The extended down time was necessary in order to quickly and safely move
large amounts of data from a poorly performing disk to a backup disk
(and then back to the original disk after it has been re-configured).

Currently, all servers are running smoothly. All mail that was queued is
being delivered and all web sites and databases should be running
without problems.

Unfortunately, we will be scheduling another period of off-hours
downtime to replace another disk in the machine, however, we expect the
downtime to be less than 30 minutes. We will send another advisory when
we've scheduled this maintenance period.