[Service-advisories] extended down period expected for pietri, julia, didier, kramer, seeger and eagle

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Thu Apr 7 15:24:26 EDT 2011

Servers affected: pietri julia eagle didier kramer seeger
Date: 2011-04-07

Due to an accidental reboot of a server during cabinet maintenance,
combined with a missing encrypted disk passphrase, we expect an extended
period of downtime as we restore all virtual servers on pietri from
backup. It may be as long as early morning Friday, April 8 (EST) before
all services are up and running again. We realize this may be extremely
inconvenient for the members using these services and apologies for this
downtime. We are working as fast as we can to bring services back up
again.

If your email is hosted on one of these services, new mail will be
queued up while the server is down and you will receive it once the
server is restored.

Data loss: data modified or stored on the server, including email,
between the early morning hours of Thursday, April 7 when our backup
completed and 3:00 pm Eastern time April 7, will not be recovered. All
other data should be recovered.