[Service-advisories] chavez and malcolm: Major outage, recovery expect early wed morning

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Tue Feb 22 19:18:31 EST 2011

Servers affected: kiyoshi malcolm chavez ignatz
Date: 2011-02-22

Due to a missing passphrase, we are unable to boot kiyoshi after
restarting the server at about 5:45 pm America/New_York time.

We are in the process of rebuilding the servers hosted by kiyoshi
(malcolm, chavez, and ignatz), however, we expect this process to take
several hours. We anticipate service will be restored Wednesday early in
the morning America/New_York time. There is also a good chance of data
loss. We will recover data from the backups that ran early this morning
(Tuesday), however, any new data stored on the server between early
morning Tuesday and 5:45 pm Tuesday may not be recovered.

Email sent to malcolm and chavez after 5:45 pm will be queued and
delivered once we have restored service.

We apologize for the inconvenience and working as hard as we can to
fully restore all services as quickly as possible.