[Service-advisories] kernel upgrades and reboots: early sunday morning 12:00 am - 3:00 am

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Thu Jul 21 11:51:48 EDT 2011

Servers affected: clr ken kiyoshi negri pietri vilma che clyde daza didier ella rodolpho sankara simone sojourner bataille brown debs douglass fuller ignatz lucius makhno mandela menchu mirabal peltier chavez algernon bouazizi dorothy hay malcolm proudhon ranciere eagle julia kramer allende gil hashmi tresca
Date: 2011-07-21

Early Sunday morning, between midnight and 3:00 am America/New_York
time, we plan to install a new kernel on the following host servers:
clr, ken, kiyoshi, negri, pietri, and vilma. Each server will need to be
rebooted, which means that all guests on each host will also need to be
rebooted.

We expect as much as 30 - 45 minutes of downtime on each guest server.

We are installing a new kernel to fix a bug that we suspect is
responsible for 5 server crashes over the last 8 months. For more
information, please see the Lowdown article here:

https://lists.mayfirst.org/pipermail/lowdown/2011-June/000084.html