[Service-advisories] telehouse cabinet lost connectivity: 5:15 am to 7:45 am america/new_york time

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Wed Jun 8 08:16:31 EDT 2011

Servers affected: allende angela assata axle blanco bolivar bouazizi chavez debord debs dolores dorothy douglass fred fuller galeano goofball harry hay hubert ignatz jones katanko keller ken kiyoshi leslie lumumba makhno malcolm mandela marcos menchu mirabal morales moses negri peltier proudhon ranciere robideau roe roscoe rustin shadow sontag stallman tenant toussaint viewsic
Date: 2011-06-08

This morning, between 5:15 am and 7:45 am, we had an outage affecting
all servers in our Telehouse location. Due to a server crash, our switch
was flooded with packets causing network problems affecting all other
servers. We're are replacing the switch to avoid this problem in the
future. The server that crashed is bolivar, which provides debord,
dolores, galeano, keller, lumumba, morales, roscoe, and toussaint.
Bolivar has been restarted and should be functioning normally now. We
are continuing to investigate the cause of the initial crash.