[Service-advisories] partial outage in telehouse location for some users

Ross Glover ross at ross.mayfirst.org
Mon Oct 3 22:11:42 EDT 2011

Servers Affected: albizu allende amaru assata blanco bola bolivar bouazizi brown chavez debord debs dolores dorfman dorothy eduardo fred fuller gil hashmi hay hubert jones katanko keller ken kiyoshi leslie lora lucius lumumba malcolm mandela marcos marquez marx menchu mirabal morales moses negri peltier proudhon ranciere robideau roe severo sontag stallman toussaint tresca viewsic vilma
Period Affected: 2011-10-03, 6:10 pm - 8:38 pm America/New York Time
Date Sent: 2011-10-03

Tonight our upstream provider in the Telehouse location reported
experiencing a denial of service attack which caused various members
difficulty connecting to their sites.  The partial outages lasted for
approximately 2 and half hours.

We are told by the provider that they have fixed the problem.  All
traffic should now be working as expected.  We are working to gain more
information about what caused the problem, and what the provider is
doing to ensure the issue does not occur again.