[Service-advisories] earthlink blocking some servers

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Mon Dec 31 15:49:34 EST 2012

Servers affected: viewsic roe mandela malcolm jones boggs albizu stallman leslie assata morales
Date Affected: 2012-12-29 -
Date: 2012-12-31

Earthlink is not accepting email messages from certain May First/People
Link servers. The servers listed above are known to have had delivery
trouble, other servers not listed may also be affected.

The servers affected include:

 * Our webmail server. We have changed the IP address in use by our
   webmail server so as of 3:30 pm Eastern on December 31, 2012, sending
   email to Earthlink accounts by webmail should be successful.

 * Primary servers (e.g. viewsic, chavez, etc). If you are relaying
   email via our primary server, please update your email settings (see
   https://support.mayfirst.org/wiki/configure-email). If you update
   your client email settings to use mail.mayfirst.org, you will not be
   affected.

 * Our email list servers (e.g. lists.mayfirst.org and
   lists.people-link.net). We are currently working to get this block
   removed so messages are properly sent from our email list servers.

We have taken every step Earthlink provides to unblock a server, but
still we are being blocked.

If you have an Earthlink account please call Earthlink to complain:
1-888-EARTHLINK (888-327-8454)

Tell them you do not want your email censored.