[Service-advisories] drupal upgrades: 6.24 and 7.12

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Fri Feb 17 22:33:31 EST 2012

Servers affected: hay lucy peltier albizu annette attucks boggs brown chavez clara colin daza debs didier dorothy eagle goldman hashmi jones julia june lucius lucy lumumba malcolm mandela maria marx menchu proudhon rodolpho roe slaapbeen sojourner stone tresca viewsic yser
Period Affected: 2012-02-16, 7:00 pm America/New York Time
Date Sent: 2012-02-16

All shared Drupal installations have been upgraded to the most recent
stable versions (6.24 and 7.12).

Drupal (http://drupal.org/) is a web content management system that many
members use to drive their web sites. May First/People Link members who
have installed Drupal through our Members Control Panel use a shared
installation of Drupal. If you are using a shared installation, your
Drupal installation has been upgraded for you. For more information
about our shared Drupal installation, please see:
https://support.mayfirst.org/wiki/drupal_configuration.

Please note, we have only performed a minor point upgrade. For example,
if you are running Drupal 6, you have not been upgraded to Drupal 7.
Instead, you have been upgraded from the particular version of Drupal 6
(e.g. 6.21) to the next Drupal 6 version (e.g. 6.22). Also, this upgrade
only affects Drupal core. It is your responsibility to upgrade your
third party Drupal modules.

This upgrade requires database updates, however, these updates have not
been run for your site. If you are running a Drupal site using our
shared installation, we strongly encourage you to run all database
updates. These updates can be run by logging into your site as the
primary administrator user (the user with id 1) and navigating to
/update.php, e.g. http://YOURSITE.ORG/update.php and following the
directions.

And lastly, the Drupal 6.24 upgrade introduces an annoying but harmless
bug that may generate error messages. For more information, please see:
https://drupal.org/node/1425868