[Service-advisories] attack has continued - targeting all MF/PL members

Jamie McClelland jm at mayfirst.org
Sat Aug 15 10:49:46 EDT 2015

The denial of service attack against abortion funders has extended to
include all of May First/People Link members. The attackers are
currently targeting our name servers - the servers that convert all of
our members domain names into IP addresses. Without these servers
functioning, nearly all May First/People Link members web sites and
email will not be accessible.

The attack is not 100% effective, which results in sporadic periods of
downtime and uptime. Also, all email messages will be queued for up to 4
days and will eventually be delivered.

The support team is working 24/7 this weekend to restore service. We are
in the process of relocating our name servers to a network where they
can withstand a denial of service attack (up to 40Gbits per second,
which is about 400 times the bandwidth we currently have ). We expect
this to take us up to 24 hours to complete, so we may have sporadic
downtime this weekend but currently expect to be functional by the end
of the day Sunday (America/New_York time).

Thank you for your continued support and patience.

--
May First/People Link
Growing networks to build a just world

OpenPGP Key: http://current.workingdirectory.net/pages/identity/