[AgaricShowandTell] chat notes from 4/24 Show and Tell

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Sun Apr 28 11:36:04 EDT 2019

Here are the raw notes from the text chat on 4/24 -

Fellow Jitster
11:03:28
Who is starting the meeting?
Fellow Jitster
11:04:02
Can you hear me?
Fellow Jitster
11:04:16
I am Abraham at
Abraham.french at gmail.com
Fellow Jitster
11:04:31
Micky at agaric.coop
Fellow Jitster
henning (ITK)
11:05:52
Henning (IT Kollektiv Germany)
henning at it-kollektiv.com
henning (ITK)
11:14:18
https://it-kollektiv.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/35c3-talk-tech-coops.pdf
henning (ITK)
micky at agaric.com
Radical Connections Network - our first in-person meeting is in NYC May
2nd and 3rd
lurker
11:46:48
I'll use the chat here
lurker
11:47:57
What point to your negotiations make it to with "normal" enterprises...
Of course capitalist businesses can pay more. Do they reject you after
conversation, or do we simply lack contact with them in the first place?
lurker
11:49:27
This issue seems very important to the health of our movement over the
long term, since everyone's got to eat 😃
Jacob (ITK)
11:50:20
@lurker <br/>We are to small and have to little references for the big
projects written out in the internet.
Jacob (ITK)
11:51:01
Besides that we hardly ever come to the point of conversation with
customers, we don't know jet.
lurker
11:51:54
ah... I wonder if an adjacent co-op that seeks contracts could move this
forward
Jacob (ITK)
11:52:14
Often we have headhunters who pick single ones of us, but we hate to
lent people out to companies
lurker
11:52:42
right, I wonder if a head-hunter could connect whole co-ops instead of
individuals
henning (ITK)
11:52:54
Tech-Coops International Mailinglist for coordination:
lurker
11:53:02
I agree though, you don't want to rent out your workers lol
Jacob (ITK)
11:53:47
@lurker if any coop more advanced could hand over small customers or
projects for a start, it would be a great help.
lurker
11:54:31
@Jacob: right, I agree that's the starting point for this.
lurker
11:54:46
I think that's what they're doing in Argentina (Fiqus and FACTIC)
Jacob (ITK)
11:55:37
We talk with a coop in Leipzig on that. It was very interessting how
factic in Argentina does this project cooperation between collectives
Rahul Baisane
11:56:19
Hello I am Rahul Baisane.<br/>I am Drupal Developer<br/>Thank you
lurker
11:56:22
I still wonder if the work of *finding* the clients is too much of a
burden for a tech worker coop
lurker
11:56:55
and if it would ideally be done by someone else in an adjacent coop so
that everyone involved avoids doing "free work"
lurker
11:57:31
idk, just seems like finding enterprise contracts is a common problem
micky
11:58:09
Sharing work - recording of Niclas DiMarco of
http://fiqus.coop
micky
11:58:14
https://agaric.coop/blog/show-and-tell-agaric-sharing-work-other-coops
henning (ITK)
11:58:30
@lurker yes that would be our dream to have some sort of "sales coop"
for tech coops, we are very bad at sales
Abraham
11:59:00
What were the tools you used?
micky
11:59:12
We are starting a Business Services Coop to do sales and marketing.
lurker
11:59:48
heh, Micky "one step ahead of you" Metts
lurker
11:59:53
😃
henning (ITK)
12:01:11
So our main tools are: Mattermost (chat), Discourse (discussion),
daily.co
(calls), DokuWiki (wiki)
Jacob (ITK)
12:01:25
Kolab (Email)
Jacob (ITK)
12:01:42
Wireguard (inter server vpn)
micky
12:01:52
Business Services Coop - just starting, sign up for notices -
https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/coopadverts
Jacob (ITK)
12:01:58
Openvpn (road warrior vpn)
Jacob (ITK)
12:02:18
Ansible (automatisation)
Jacob (ITK)
12:02:46
Taiga (Project management)
lurker
12:03:08
so long as we're talking about tools...
loomio.org
is amazing for consensus things
Jacob (ITK)
12:03:27
daily.co
is our only saas tool for cooperation, because meet.jitsi is to unstable
in prod
Jacob (ITK)
12:04:02
otrs (Ticket System ITIL stuff)
Abraham
12:11:49
How do we signup for the
https://lists.riseup.net/www/subscribe/coopadverts
?
Abraham
12:12:02
Micky ^^
Jacob (ITK)
12:13:06
Our Website with contact options is:
https://it-kollektiv.com
Abraham
12:14:28
https://www.linkedin.com/in/abrahamfrench/
micky
12:15:01
http://gettogether.community
is a
meetup.com
type site that is free
Rahul Baisane
12:15:37
https://www.linkedin.com/in/rahul-baisane-31595a36/
micky
12:17:43
http://media.ccc.de
- presentations from the Computer Congress
me
12:21:46
hi
micky
12:24:15
to join -  send an email tith SUBSCRIBE as the subject to
coopadverts at lists.riseup.net

Join Agaric on IRC any time - irc.freenode.net in the #devs-r-us channel