[AgaricShowandTell] Join Agaric for Show and Tell 12/11 - @11am ET - Topic: Lack of tech cooperatives

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Wed Dec 11 01:14:15 EST 2019

Hello friends,

I have just returned from Mexico, where I hosted a few workshops with
the Center for Global Justice

WORKSHOP: “How to Switch to Free Software: Email” 4:45-6:45pm Wednesday,
December 4 Biblioteca Publica,
WORKSHOP: “How to Switch to Free Software: Browsers Etc”  2-4pm
Thursday, December 5 Biblioteca Publica,

I also met with some developers and activists to see what there needs
are. There will be a write up on the trip soon.Here is what I found:

1. There is a lack of tech cooperatives in Mexico ( my friend could only
find 5 and will be publishing a blog on his search soon)
2. People are excited about worker owned cooperatives and we learned how
a group of organic farmers were collectivized and the benefits they are
reaping now.

3. There are mostly Agricultural Coops in Mexico, some consumer coops too.

4. Not many networks have a web site.

Suggested conversation: talk about the best methods to grow tech
cooperatives around the world.

My suggestion is to find ways to bridge the tech coop gap in Mexico with
a connection to the coops in Argentina and in the US.

Thanks to Clayton for hosting last Wednesday  for the information on
Distributed coops - As it turned out this was discussed in Mexico too!

 THANKS!!!! Patcon fopr taking notes!

The chat link https://meet.jit.si/showandtell

In Solidarity,

Micky Metts
Agaric ~ FreeScholar
Join Agaric on IRC any time - irc.freenode.net in the #devs-r-us channel