[AgaricShowandTell] Join Agaric for Show and Tell Wednesday July 31st from 11am - 11:30am ET (New York)

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Wed Jul 31 00:47:05 EDT 2019

Join Agaric for Show and Tell Wednesday July 31st from 11am - 11:30am ET
(New York)

We have a presentation from Robin Gane McCalla on an exciting ecology
project to train Dolphins to rebuild our coral reefs and what type of
technology will be needed for this global effort.

After Robin's presentation we can continue the conversation about the
work we currently have and any opportunities we may have to work with
each other.

LINK to the chat: https://meet.jit.si/showandtell

For the new people on the list, WELCOME! Please check out the video of
Nicolas Dimarco from Fiqus.coop, sharing the details on how their coop
shares work on large projects with other cooperatives through a
federated group FACTTIC. If you have not seen it, see the short video at
the bottom of my blog -
https://agaric.coop/blog/show-and-tell-agaric-sharing-work-other-coops

What about those of us that do not have a federation... yet? How do we
share work and what kind of projects are we working on?

Come prepared to share a bit about what you are working on and how you
do outreach to find freelance developers to take on parts of the work.
If you are a freelance developer, how do you find people to do the parts
of a larger project that you can not handle alone?

We usually use the MayFirst instance of Jit.si, but I want to record
this event and the MayFirst instance does not yet have an option for
recording. They are working on it to allow saving to your hard drive or
NextCloud.

Join Agaric on IRC any time - irc.freenode.net in the #devs-r-us channel