[AgaricShowandTell] Join Agaric for Show and Tell - Troubleshooting your business success

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Tue Sep 10 23:56:19 EDT 2019

Join Agaric for Show and Tell Wednesday September 11th from 11am - 11:30am ET (New York)

We can start with short introductions, choosing a note taker and then, anyone that has a lightning talk/demo - Take 5 minutes to introduce anything you wish to show, talk about, or just to query to the group. How about revealing something you learned recently? How about proposing a future Show and Tell topic?

If you plan on participating in a lightning talk, please arrive by 11 so we do not move on to the discussion part of the chat before we get to hear whatever you wish to present!
After any lightning talks, I would like to discuss troubleshooting the success of your business. We can all handle the tech, but who handles the "business chores". Here are a few questions to get the conversation started.

1. How do you deal with difficult times with your workmates? (what are difficult times? - too much work, not enough work, disagreements on methods of operation???)
2. How do you handle the chores that no one wants to do?
3. Are there basic minimum requirements for worker-owners?
4. Do you take turns doing the non-fun things or does the same person end up doing the crappy work?
5. Is it good to have everyone doing the books or handling the project management tasks?
6. How do you know when to grow vs. hiring freelancers?

For those seeking to form a cooperative, have you planned on finding others that have specific skills or should everyone be able to handle multiple roles?

LINK to the chat: https://meet.jit.si/showandtell
LINK to the Notes (add/remove): https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell-2019-09-11

Send your friends this link to join us on Wednesdays: https://agaric.coop/show

Join Agaric on IRC any time - irc.freenode.net in the #devs-r-us channel