[AgaricShowandTell] TIME CORRECTION - Show and Tell with Agaric 4/22 at 11am ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Tue Apr 21 10:45:40 EDT 2020

oops - too many emails sent to soon... the time of Show and tell is still 11am ET

Show and Tell with Agaric 4/22/2020 will be at 11am ET

This week - We have a technical presentation - Two members of Agaric
will show how we do some of our work!

Chris Thompson will present on using the libre software monitoring tool
"Monit" to set up a basic web site uptime monitoring service, complete
with SSL (https) checks.

David Valdez will show how to upgrade modules from the current version
of the Drupal content management framework and website builder, Drupal
8, to the next version, coming in June, Drupal 9.

Last week we had an awesome overview presentation on a "wants and needs"
database/website https:/citizencommandcenter.org that is managed by ONE
person and serves the whole country (USA)  The purpose was to introduce
this resource and invite people to get involved in keeping it running
(it went down recently due to an update by Amazon that hosed some
settings and caused version collisions - a few developers were able to
get it back online!!!)  The presentation was excellent, but it focused
mainly on developers - specifically Ruby on Rails and possibly Python or
other languages to discuss a total re-write of the system by volunteer
efforts that we may be able to find funding for... Next week 4/29/2020
we will invite our host back to present an update/recap and what can
non-technical people do ie; how can a citizen contribute to the effort.

Happy 420 ~~~~ See you on the 22nd.

chat Link: https://meet.jit.si/showandtell

Pad link: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell

Join Agaric on IRC any time - irc.freenode.net in the #devs-r-us channel