[AgaricShowandTell] Join Agaric for Show and Tell Wednesday 9/2 - @11am ET - Topic: High Fidelity

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Mon Aug 31 10:56:13 EDT 2020

Join Agaric for Show and Tell Wednesday 9/2 - @11am ET - Topic: High
Fidelity

High Fidelity: A tool for online events that reclaim the social kinetics
of meatspace

Our friend PatCon will introduce a new class of communication tool for
"2D spatialized audio chat". These tools essentially feel like a simple
top-down game world where voices lose volume over distance.
Specifically, we'll be orienting with the proprietary tool High
Fidelity, which we'll use to discuss both practical tool advice and
meta-level philosophy of convening. The target audience will be aspiring
or veteran hosts of digital events of all sizes (from 4 friends to 50
attendees), but especially organizers of in-person events who are trying
to adapt to this new remote world. PatCon will offer their perspectives
on this tool through the experience of co-hosting a weekly in-person
civic hacknight series (40-80 attendees) over the past 4 years.

Chat link for Wednesday: https://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
even older notes - https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

A handy time conversion site if you are not on the East Coast of the
US... https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to future Show
and Tells, so they will receive the chat link: