[AgaricShowandTell] My bad... calendars hate me. Yes, it is December.

Yasuaki Kudo yasu at yasuaki.com
Fri Dec 4 04:54:43 EST 2020

Sending the link to GNU Guix that I mentioned:

https://guix.gnu.org/

This has become my go-to package manager and OS.  Superior technology and superior licensing!  The direct (only?) alternative is NixOS and I tried both - I think Guix is better.

The only "drawback" of Guix is, (well, not really, according to GNU 😅) they are super purist about free software that they go out of their way to remove mysterious hardware instruction binary code from Linux kernel (GNU calls the stripped version LibreLinux).

But this feature that ensures computer security can be easily "downgraded", for those people who cannot stand the poor performance of free-software video card drivers, etc, by adding the unsupported "regular" Linux in the configuration and waiting for an hour for compilation.

I will try to present at some point, when I am  more knowledgeable about this 😄

Cheers,
Yasu

PS
Japan has just passed the Worker Cooperatives Act!
https://jwcu.coop/en/2019/01/20/special/