[AgaricShowandTell] CloudHaven a platform cooperative venture

rich at cloudhaven.net rich at cloudhaven.net
Fri Feb 7 19:44:06 EST 2020

Hi, my name is Rich Vann,
I've viewed one of your show-and-tells that Micky hosted a while back but then got sidetracked with a startup - now I am back into the cooperative movement.
I am a long-time software developer who is politically progressive and deeply supportive of the cooperative movement, especially platform cooperatives.
I would like to describe (present) a platform I am developing, CloudHaven, that I think addresses many of the concerns that resonate with platform cooperatives.
I am looking for additional key members for this venture/cooperative in several different roles, or for additional forums to generate discussion/interest.

The platform: CloudHaven
Give all users a “Sovereign home in the Cloud” creating a user-centric Internet.

PROBLEMS ADDRESSED
Stalker economy – exploitation of personal data
Duplication of effort (login, registration, data entry,…)
Poor collaboration and inter-app integration
Fragmented systems and with varying/re-invented UIs
Poor Security
Venture capital-funded and centralized platforms/monopolies
Gig economy

SOLUTION - CloudHaven
CloudHaven enables full personal data control while solving many fundamental problems with users and applications on the Internet like collaboration and seamless application integrations (and much more) in a surprisingly simple way.
I have a formal pitch deck for CloudHaven, available upon request, that goes into much more detail about the solution, platform, adoption plan, business model, etc. I am getting assistance with the Cal Poly-associated Center for Innovation and Entrepreneurship and have presented this venture to some key leaders of the platform cooperative movement (who advised me to post to this list).
I can be reached at rich at cloudhaven.net - or via the platformcoop-discuss at lists.riseup.net email list.
I am located in California central coast near San Luis Obispo.