[AgaricShowandTell] Show and Tell Feb. 12th 11am ET

Freescholar micky at agaric.com
Tue Feb 11 13:55:13 EST 2020

A reminder that tomorrow Elyssa will be hosting show and tell. The topic:

patterns and practices for community learning in "organic" (self-organizing, decentralized) groups.

Here are the details from Elyssa for tomorrow:

Hey there, Friends and co-organizers of progressive, positive social change,

Are you reeling from the political somersaults of US politics this week?

Are you deeply concerned about US politics? ...the soul of Humanity?  ...and our planet?

Are you taking action in your home and with your beloveds?

Are you organizing on the community, regional, national and/or international level?

If you have a story to share about what you're doing, I'd love to hear about it.  If you have an article or video that's been helpful to your thinking, I'd like to see it.

I continue to be convinced that humanity will grow up / evolve / deepen our social-emotional-spiritual intelligence and choose healing and connection over despair and destruction.  I do think that social media and modern media in general is deeply harming society and the psyche.  I aim to fix that.

I signed up to present at this year's NERD Summit March 20-21 at UMass, Saturday at 11am:

The Future of Social Media

"The modern human spends more waking free time on social media than on any other activity. And yet, very little is accomplished while doing so. If Nature were this inefficient, we would all be dead. What if ecological design principles were applied to social media to create a 'digital ecosystem', where people and resources are mobilized to meet living needs? Join this session to hear about overall platform design, a few intriguing use cases, and add your questions and design ideas to the hive mind."

I'll be presenting tomorrow Wednesday, February 12 at 11am ET on https://meet.jit.si/showandtell on patterns and practices for community learning in "organic" (self-organizing, decentralized) groups.

I came across this very pointed and illuminating article this week, and thought to share it: "A Conversation with Ece Temelkuran [from Turkey]: How to Lose a Country, in 7 Steps" - https://thoughteconomics.com/?p=6590

I shared this podcast with some of you last week, and I'm still learning from it: "Tech's Moral Reckoning", an On Being Podcast featuring Anil Dash - https://onbeing.org/programs/anil-dash-techs-moral-reckoning-jan2017/

In the dance of Service to all Life

In Magycke and Divine Play

Elyssa Marie Serrilli

⁣In Solidarity,

Micky Metts
Agaric : freescholar
Https://agaric.coop - We are your Cooperative Tech Ally
​