[AgaricShowandTell] Show and Tell with Agaric on Wednesday, June 17th at 11am ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Tue Jun 16 12:37:19 EDT 2020

Show and Tell with Agaric on Wednesday, June 17th at 11am ET

Presentation overview:

Victor Kane will present:  "Patterns of privatization in open source projects and how to fight it"
The emerging two-tier system in web app and website development and how to organize socially transparent and accessible alternatives

We'll look at the growing complexity and costs of what it takes for an organization to keep their websites, blogs and web applications up-to-date and a concrete approach to keeping things down-to-earth and accessible, based on an approach taken towards Drupal migration to full stack Javascript.

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell tomorrow.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/  To enter, use any name and the room password/code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to our weekly Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link via our email announcements once a week:

*** Format - Every second week of each month will be a
Cooperative share - topics around cooperative development.
The third week of each month will be dedicated to a technical topic.
The fourth week of each month will be lightning talks, so come and show us a short
presentation or suggest a discussion topic for a 5-10 minute share.  The
first week of each month is up for suggestions: if you have something to
share, send a note to the group before the Sunday before the Show and
Tell meeting on Wednesday: showandtell at lists.mayfirst.org

*** NEXT WEEK *** is Lightning Talks

*** LAST WEEK ***
The longest meeting ever! 2.5 hours... We had a great time discussing video chat options.

Ask me about Agaric's Online Learning Classrooms - http://agaric.com/online-learning