[AgaricShowandTell] Show and Tell with Agaric on Wednesday, July 1st at 11am ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Tue Jun 30 21:44:15 EDT 2020

Show and Tell with Agaric on Wednesday, July 1st at 11am ET

Agaric has been using BigBlueButton chat for a few months - without any real issues! We recently participated in 2 stress tests for BigBlueButton, one by the team at HOPE.net and one on our outsourced BBB server and I will share the outcomes.

It is the first Show and Tell of the month! The topics up for discussion are:

1. So, what are the options - outsourcing or hosting your own services... which is best? Have you looked at the business model of meet.coop ?

2. With all of the privacy concerns, how do you introduce people to protecting their own privacy when convenience is their main concern?

3. What can we all do to be more proactive about sharing resources with other coops - certainly we do not all need our own chat servers, how can we share and is this a service you would like to offer your clients?

4. Should we put together a webinar or an open chat each month and invite people that want to learn more about cooperative development?

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell tomorrow.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/  To enter, use any name and the room password/code is: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to our weekly Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link via our email announcements once a week:

*** Format - Every second week of each month will be a Cooperative share - topics around cooperative development.
The third week of each month will be dedicated to a technical topic.
The fourth week of each month will be lightning talks, so come and show us a short
presentation or suggest a discussion topic for a 5-10 minute share.

The first week of each month is up for suggestions: if you have something to
share, send a note to the group before the Sunday before the Show and
Tell meeting on Wednesday: showandtell at lists.mayfirst.org

*** NEXT WEEK *** A cooperative share

*** LAST WEEK ***
The longest meeting ever! 2.5 hours... We had a great time discussing video chat options.

Ask me about Agaric's Online Learning Classrooms - http://agaric.com/online-learning