[AgaricShowandTell] LMS + Video chat - Show and Tell with Agaric on Wednesday, May 27th at 11am ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Sun May 24 17:38:21 EDT 2020

LMS + Video chat - Show and Tell with Agaric on Wednesday, May 27th at
11am ET

Everyone is looking for a stable online chat application to use for
meetings etc. We have found BigBlueButton to be that!

I will give a tour of the online learning platform we are working on
with the Free Software Foundation taking the lead. They have bundled
Canvas LMS with BigBlueButton video chat for a full featured LMS and
chat with whiteboard and much more! We will be implementing this for a
few small schools in the Boston Public School system to use during the
crisis and beyond. Together we can hack away at these two awsome pieces
of free software and pool resources to have the BEST option possible for
connecting. If you have not seen or used BBB, please pop in for a
minute. If you cannot make this event and would like to take a look at
it in your 'leisure time* send me your email address and I will add you
as a teacher to our test server.

Chat link for Wednesday the 27th: http://meet.jit.si/showandtell

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
even older notes - https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

A handy time conversion site if you are not on the East Coast of the
US... https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to future Show
and Tells, so they will receive the chat link:

*Last week: We had another great presentation from the
NovaWebDevelopment team on a tool we could all use - Business Tracker is
a free software based tool to help you manage projects and track time.
It is in development now and seeking collaborators to suggest features
and discuss what are the most necessary ones to ensure the success of
your team on delivering on time and within budget. The
NovaWebDevelopment team gave us a look at where the project is now and
where it is going.  https://NovaWebDevelopment.org/

Join Agaric on IRC any time - irc.freenode.net in the #devs-r-us channel