[AgaricShowandTell] FRIDAY - Movie Night 11/27 at 7pm ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Wed Nov 25 21:43:24 EST 2020

Hello All -

Nothing to do after all that turkey and stuffing?

This is an invitation to join us for a Movie Night Friday November 27th - Please pass it on!

Appalachia: Rich Land, Poor People – 60 mins.

The land is rich with coal, yet its residents are denied adequate food, housing, or medical care. This, the Appalachian region, was the nation’s first designated poverty area. This film focuses upon Eastern Kentucky where the mechanization of the mines is replacing people and jobs. A lack of education and other working skills makes these residents prisoners of the land, as seen by a discerning interview with a local family. Filmed in 1968.

After the movie we will engage in a conversation about the current state
of labor and how to connect our networks  to gain  sustainable wages and
hours.

Here is the link to the chatroom on CommunityBridge.com:
https://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/movie/
To enter the chat, use any name and the Access Code: welcome

We are using BigBlueButton video chat server - nothing to download or install, no registration - works on a phone or laptop. Works in your browser, there is no APP needed - Come and lurk or engage! If you miss it, there will be more Movie Nights in the future.

Need a free room for your organization or just for fun? https://communitybridge.com/technology/

Maybe we will see you there! My screenname in chat is FreeScholar. You are not on a mailing list, this is from Micky of Agaric.

In Solidarity -

http://communityBridge.com
Movie Nights - Free video chatrooms using BigBlueButton
Suggest a movie or request a room!
brought to you by the members of Agaric.coop