[AgaricShowandTell] STRESS.... Join Agaric for Show and Tell Wednesday 9/16 - @11am ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Tue Sep 15 23:32:47 EDT 2020

Join Agaric for Show and Tell Wednesday 9/16 - @11am ET - Topic: Noise and Catharsis

Open discussion on our mental health during an overload of bad news.
Cooperatives have 7 rules and the first one is SELF CARE. How do we adhere to that when everyone is stressed out to the max?

There is too much noise in the information we are receiving. How do we know what is relevant? What happens when noise shuts your sensors down? Can we become intolerant just by being overloaded?

How much information is too much and how do we filter the noise appropriately to be informed and able to respond to a crisis without becoming overwhelmed?

Why are so many doing so little/much?

Where should we focus our best efforts - organizing, building, researching, sharing?

Making sense of chaos and becoming aware of skills you did not know you have is not as easy as it sounds. If you are a developer, where do you focus your attention these days?

Chat link for Wednesday: https://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
even older notes - https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

A handy time conversion site if you are not on the East Coast of the
US... https://www.worldtimebuddy.com

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to future Show
and Tells, so they will receive the chat link: