[AgaricShowandTell] April 15, 2021 @ 3PM ET - Establishing goals for federating US Tech Worker Coops

Keegan Rankin Kms.rankin at protonmail.com
Mon Apr 12 21:38:06 EDT 2021

Hello friends,

Last week Louis from NOVA Web gave us a first look at ustechworkercoops.org, an instance of Decidim that we are using to discuss how to form a federation of tech worker coops across the United States. If you have not already signed up for an account, you can do so on the site.

This week, we want to open up the discussion a little bit more broadly to answer these question:
- What exactly is the goal of ustechworkercoops.org?
- Why do we want to form this federation?
    - I recommend checking out Fact[tic] for inspiration: https://facttic.org.ar/facttic/

After coming to a consensus on some of these questions, perhaps we will be a little more able to start testing out Decidim as a way to organize around some of the more specific issues that relate to our grand desire for a more cooperative world!

Meeting details:

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell on Thursday, April 15 at 3PM ET.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/

To enter, use any name and the room password or access code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

We also strongly encourage you to think about and suggest topics that we can discuss together at future show and tells! Got an idea?

Add it here: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show_and_tell_topics

More info about show and tell at agaric.coop/show

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link and info via our email announcements, sent once a week: