[AgaricShowandTell] Show and Tell w/Agaric 1/7/2021 at 3pm ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Tue Jan 5 17:44:43 EST 2021

Hello Friends -

Happy New Year!

This week we will discuss the topic of how we work together as coops and
cooperators.

I have been engaged in a long and slow dialog with the USFWC
(http://usworker.coop) to address the idea of them working in a capacity
like FACTTIC does for the Argentinian coops - to help tech coops
coordinate working together on projects. This is taking a long time and
we need to step up the pace.
We saw a real crisis arise as some tech workers in coops were hurt badly
by the COVID-19 effects on society and many had contracts cancelled, but
some saw more work come in. How can we effectively  as a group help
those tech coops without work partner on projects with those coops that
do have work?

Show-and-Tell had folks from FACT[TIC] as guests back in March of 2019, please review the first 20 mins. of this video before we meet on Thursday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRErW6jEjSM&feature=emb_logo

The first 20 minutes are a wonderfully concise and cogent presentation of how they work.

Micky of Agaric blogged about the idea right after:

https://agaric.coop/blog/show-and-tell-agaric-sharing-work-other-coops

Where are we now?

YAY!!! Recently Jeff Elkner of NovaWebDevelopment has stepped up to join
the conversation with Ajoke and Esteban of USFWC. We got some responses,
but no definitive plan to take it further. The last response was to take
this to a Tech Workers meeting that will happen next week. At that
meeting Jeff and I will find a way to invite all interested in joining
the specific meetings to address this need and move forward.

We need your voice so that we can go to the USFWC as a group, with a
clear proposal on what they can do to support this idea. Please come and
think of ways you are already including other smaller coops with their
plan to grow and have work available to them, not just in these
difficult time but always!

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell on Thursday.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/
To enter, use any name and the room password/code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to our weekly
Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link via our email
announcements once a week: