[AgaricShowandTell] Show and Tell w/Agaric 1/7/2021 at 3pm ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Thu Jan 7 17:18:43 EST 2021

check from the

    founding members of FACTTIC about USFWC playing this coordinator
    role. My impression was that FACTTIC grew out of an informal
    meeting of tech worker co-operator members, and only later grew
    into something more official, and so I feel unclear why USFWC
    support or coordination would be required to start such an initiative."

Agaric does do this, as we can - on a very small scale as we do not have the time or people to devote to a higher level of Project Management as we are all busy doing our daily coop chores. It would make sense for an entity with a higher and deeper level of knowledge about the coop members skills individually and as a coop to coordinate this type of effort on a larger scale. My efforts building http://coopguide.org are just a start, but I do not know of any site or coops that have the level of detail about other cooperators skills to do this alone.

We can reach out to some of the Argentinian coops that work with FACTTIC for a temp check! fiqus.coop is one and Camba.coop and I believe Nayra.coop are others involved with FACTTIC. Perhaps they can do an update chat on how FACTTIC has been helpful during the pandemic when I know a lot of coops were and are struggling with client cancellations etc.

Ask me about Agaric's Online Learning Classrooms - http://agaric.com/online-learning