[AgaricShowandTell] Show and Tell w/Agaric 1/14/2021 at 3pm ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Tue Jan 12 17:44:59 EST 2021

Hello Cooperators:

We had a lively conversation last week, so let's continue. If we move
forward ourselves and work more closely to co-work on projects, perhaps
an organization like USFWC will step in if we define a specific role
they can fill. We discussed http://coopguide.org to facilitate us all in
working together by knowing what skills we each have.

Others are discussing this topic too!!!!

Our friends at meet.coop are also organizing a community circle that
goes beyond BigBlueButton hosting, discussing mutual trade:

* **Community Circle rationale**
  * **1** Facilitate member-to-member cooperating and federating among meet.coop members, going beyond just being consumers of a video-room service (BBB), thus cultivating and stewarding a commons of **mutual aid**. Possibly also, mutual **trade**.
  * **2**  Facilitate development of the meet.coop service platform, governance practice and membership, in ways that serve members' practical **needs and projects** in the mutual sector, coop sector and solidarity economy (the cooperative commons).

These efforts need to be aggregated and pulled together on a common
ground for working together in a federated way! Here is a link to last
weeks chat:
https://meet1.agaric.coop/playback/presentation/2.0/playback.html?meetingId=9db03309b42d637e676c1417bdc165b466df2da8-1610048864966

News:
David Recordon has become the White House Technology Director ( The
https://tinyurl.com/whtechnologydirector ). This was mentioned on
Twitter by Dries Buyteart (the Drupal Guy)

Articles like this are popping up:
https://www.wired.com/story/capitol-riot-security-congress-trump-mob-clean-up

discuss the many ways that we as technologists and Organic Cooperators
can determine waysto have a voice in our freedoms.
Thereare many ways to assert our collective voice right now to bring on
a better future for every citizen on the planet by coalescing around
FREE SOFTWARE. The protection of our privacy is foremost, but not the
only avenue we must inspect.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/
To enter, use any name and the room password/code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to our weekly
Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link via our email
announcements once a week: