[AgaricShowandTell] Movie Night Tuesday, January 26th 2021 at 7pm ET

Micky Metts micky at agaric.com
Wed Jan 20 22:58:29 EST 2021

Hello All -

Open invitation to Movie Night on CommunityBridge.com - Tuesday January
26th at 7pm ET - Please pass it on!

Title: "When white supremacists overthrew a government" - The hidden
history of an American coup in 1898. (12 mins.)

In November 1898, in Wilmington, North Carolina, a mob of 2,000 white
men expelled black and white political leaders, destroyed the property
of the city’s black residents, and killed dozens--if not hundreds--of
people. How did such a turn of events change the course of the city? For
decades, the story of this violence was buried, while the perpetrators
were cast as heroes. Yet its impacts resonate across the state to this day.
Often overlooked moments from the past to give context to the present.

After the short movie we will engage in a conversation about Design
Justice and the current state of our society and things we can do to
make it better. How can we weave history into our daily conversations
without heaping amounts of negativity:)

Here is the direct link to the chatroom on CommunityBridge.com:
https://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/movie/
To enter the chat, use any name and the Access Code: welcome

We are using BigBlueButton video chat server - nothing to download or
install, no registration - works on a phone or laptop. Works in your
browser, there is no APP needed - Come and lurk or engage! If you miss
it, there will be more Movie Nights in the future.

Need a free chatroom for your organization or just for fun?
https://communitybridge.com/technology/

Maybe we will see you there! My screenname in chat is FreeScholar. You
are not on a mailing list, this is from Micky of Agaric.

Get on the list to receive ALL invitations to upcoming Movie Nights on
CommunityBridge: https://lists.mayfirst.org/mailman/listinfo/movienight

http://communityBridge.com
Movie Nights - Free video chatrooms using BigBlueButton
Suggest a movie or request a room!
brought to you by the members of Agaric.coop

In Solidarity,

Micky Metts
Agaric ~ FreeScholar
Ask me about Agaric's Online Learning Classrooms - http://agaric.com/online-learning