[AgaricShowandTell] June 3, 2021 @ 3PM ET - USFWC Tech Stack Proposal

Keegan Rankin Kms.rankin at protonmail.com
Tue Jun 1 14:11:00 EDT 2021

Hello all,

Our conversations regarding the formation of a federation of tech worker cooperatives has been fruitful. This week, I propose that we focus on a particular need: a common tech stack amongst cooperatives.

Some of our Show and Tell regulars are members of the USFWC Peer Network. We are considering putting forward a proposal, addressed to the peer network, to select a communications stack for member cooperatives.

This would open up some opportunity for cooperative hosting and server maintenance, as well as make it easier to collaborate with others in the network, and to have point people for technical support. I am sure there are other benefits.

Ultimately, the goal of this discussion is to determine what recommendations, options, and information belong in such a proposal.

Meeting details:

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell on Thursday, June 3 at 3PM ET.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/

To enter, use any name and the room password or access code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

We also strongly encourage you to think about and suggest topics that we can discuss together at future show and tells! Got an idea?

Add it here: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show_and_tell_topics

More info about show and tell at agaric.coop/show

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link and info via our email announcements, sent once a week: