[AgaricShowandTell] March 4, 2021 @ 3PM ET - Design Justice

Keegan Rankin Kms.rankin at protonmail.com
Tue Mar 2 16:58:17 EST 2021

Greetings,

This week, show and tell is about Design Justice!

On https://designjustice.org you will find descriptions of design justice like,
"We advance practices that center those who are normally excluded from and adversely impacted by design decisions in design processes."

They list their principles:
https://designjustice.org/read-the-principles

And they have zines (which contain some practical examples of design justice):
https://designjustice.org/zines

At Thursday's Show and Tell, we encourage everyone to share examples of design justice that you have seen, and perhaps examples of design injustice that have gone largely unrecognized.

Based on the resources above, we assume that different people might have different understandings about what design justice actually means, and have different ways of applying it to their work.

We are looking forward to hearing everyones perspectives and practices! If you haven't heard of Design Justice, then please come learn and learn with us!

Meeting details:

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell on Thursday, March 4 at 3PM ET.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/

To enter, use any name and the room password or access code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

We also strongly encourage you to think about and suggest topics that we can discuss together at future show and tells! Got an idea?

Add it here: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show_and_tell_topics

More info about show and tell at agaric.coop/show

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link and info via our email announcements, sent once a week: