[AgaricShowandTell] March 11, 2021 @ 3PM ET - Decidim

Keegan Rankin Kms.rankin at protonmail.com
Tue Mar 9 12:35:15 EST 2021

Greetings,
This week, we are going to take a look at Decidim (https://decidim.org/), a libre-source participatory democracy for cities and organizations.

Here at Show and Tell, we have had quite a few conversations about how to build stronger connections between tech-worker cooperatives, and how to organize and collaborate more effectively.

Jeff Elkner of NOVA Web recently discovered Decidim, which is a more complete version of NOVA Web's LibreOrganize, and is enthusiastic about seeing it in action in the United States.

Jeff proposes:
"Let's set up a Decidim instance on ustechworkercoops.org (I just
grabbed that domain for this purpose) where we try using Decidim's
collaboration and decision making tools to discuss, plan, and then
build a tech coop network in the US along the lines of [FACT]IC (
https://facttic.org.ar/) in Argentina and CoTech (
https://www.coops.tech/) in the UK."

Everyone join us, and we will discuss what Decidim is, what it does, and whether it might aid us in our objectives.

Meeting details:

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell on Thursday, March 11 at 3PM ET.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/

To enter, use any name and the room password or access code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

We also strongly encourage you to think about and suggest topics that we can discuss together at future show and tells! Got an idea?

Add it here: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show_and_tell_topics

More info about show and tell at agaric.coop/show

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link and info via our email announcements, sent once a week: