[AgaricShowandTell] March 25, 2021 @ 3PM ET - Future of the FSF

Keegan Rankin Kms.rankin at protonmail.com
Wed Mar 24 17:39:33 EDT 2021

Hello friends,

Over the weekend, controversy was stirred after Richard Stallman announced his re-election to the FSF board.

As a result, many organizations and individuals have begun to withdraw their fiscal support of the FSF, for it is now very clear that members of the board have failed to acknowledge many voices in their community. A heavily supported letter is calling for the resignation of the entire FSF board.

Rather than discussing who we do not want on the board, we want to start a conversation about who should be on the board. Here are some questions for us to consider:

- Who would we nominate to be on the FSF board in order to resolve these issues?
- What qualities in a person should we be looking for?
- How do we ensure community representation in the FSF?

Meeting details:

We will be using BigBlueButton video chat for Show and Tell on Thursday, March 24 at 3PM ET.

Chat link: http://communitybridge.com/bbb-room/show-and-tell/

To enter, use any name and the room password or access code: elephant9

Notes from past Show and Tell meetings: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show-tell
https://hackmd.io/lRgXbI-rTJebqjBYAYwyVg

We also strongly encourage you to think about and suggest topics that we can discuss together at future show and tells! Got an idea?

Add it here: https://pad.drutopia.org/p/show_and_tell_topics

More info about show and tell at agaric.coop/show

Send this link to friends that would like an invitation to Show and Tell, so they will receive the chat link and info via our email announcements, sent once a week: